Ben, Bolker, Ph.D.
Interests & Activities
My interests range widely in spatial, theoretical, mathematical, computational and statistical ecology, evolution and epidemiology.
Some particular foci include:
- evolution of virulence in host-pathogen systems; interactions with epidemiological dynamics (e.g.: West Nile Virus)
- plant dispersal: estimation of dispersal kernels, and modeling the effects of dispersal on competition
- animal dispersal: estimating sea turtle migration rates from genetic markers
- statistical methodology: development of generalized linear mixed models
- epidemiology: finding simple but reliable methods for estimating parameters from epidemic curve